Call for a Press Officer
Deadline for application 26 October 2017 (23h59 CET)
Bruegel is the leading European think tank specialising in economics. Established in 2005, Bruegel is independent and non-doctrinal. Its mission is to improve the quality of economic policy with open and fact-based research, analysis and debate. We are committed to impartiality, openness and excellence. Bruegel’s membership includes EU Member State governments, international corporations and institutions.
Bruegel is looking for a highly motivated Press Officer to join its team of about 30 employees. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Head of Communications and Events.
- Maintain good relationships with leading EU affairs and financial/economic journalists and media outlets with international, national and regional scope;
- Promote Bruegel’s research to the media;
- Support the production and placement of op-ed in leading outlets;
- Analyse media coverage and prepare regular summaries of Bruegel’s media exposure;
- Answer interview requests and press enquiries;
- Develop, maintain and update Bruegel’s database of journalists and media contacts;
- Support media coverage and presence at Bruegel events (debates, briefings, seminars, conferences, etc.)
The employee accepts that, in accordance with the work rules and without prejudice to the legal provisions and regulations, the duties and responsibilities can be adapted in accordance with the needs and the organisation of the employer.
PROFILE OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- At least 3 years of professional experience working in press and media, preferably at an international level;
- A master’s degree in a relevant subject is strongly desirable but can be compensated by extensive relevant professional experience;
- Highly motivated and self-organised;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; friendly and open to numerous interactions with staff and media outlets;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Willingness to work in different tasks depending on demands of the communication team;
- Proficiency in English both oral and written. Knowledge of French and/or German would be an asset;
- Good knowledge of the European institutional environment;
- Good knowledge of the European media landscape;
- Awareness of economic policy issues and/or research issues would be an asset;
- Experience in proofreading and text editing would be an asset;
- Computer literacy, with excellent working knowledge of word processing, e-mail and Internet applications.
Bruegel aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the ground of race, colour, nationality, religion, ethnic or national origins, gender, marital status, caring responsibilities, sexual orientation, disability or chronic illness.
TERMS OF THE CONTRACT
The duration of the contract is initially of two years with the possibility to extend it by mutual agreement. The contract is full time and the gross monthly salary is to be negotiated. Bruegel offers also a series of benefits such as lunch vouchers, hospitalisation insurance and other benefits.
To submit your application for this vacancy, please use the following LinkedIn link