Towards a digital single market: the European Commission strategy
We are sorry to announce that this event has been cancelled, owing to unavoidable changes in Vice-President Ansip's schedule
We are sorry to announce that this event has been cancelled, owing to unavoidable changes in Vice-President Ansip’s schedule. Please note that Vice-President Ansip will be speaking at a public session of Bruegel’s Annual Meetings on 7 September.
The European Commission announced its strategy for the digital single market in early May. The policy programme will focus on three areas:
- Better access for consumers and businesses to digital goods and services
- Building an environment for digital networks and services to flourish
- Creating a true European digital economy and society with long-term growth potential
In an open exchange of views Andrus Ansip, European Commission vice-president responsible for the digital single market, will present the strategy and participate in a debate with experts and guests.
- Andrus Ansip, vice-president for the digital single market, European Commission
- Göran Marby, director-general, International Telecommunication Union
- Scott Marcus, internet technology and policy adviser
- Mario Mariniello, research fellow, Bruegel
- Further speakers to be confirmed
- The European Commission’s plans for a digital single market.
- Mario Mariniello’s initial reaction to the proposals.
- Mario’s September 2013 Memo To The Commissioner For The Digital Agenda
- Venue: Bruegel, Rue de la Charité 33, 1210 Brussels
- Time: 12.30-1400 (lunch served at 13.45)
- Contact: Bryn Watkins