Understanding the French elections
This is a restricted workshop on the forthcoming French elections to understand the challenges and possible scenarios.
At this brainstorming-session,we will discuss, among others, questions such as:
- How does the French electoral system work?
- What are the current trends in polls and should we trust them?
- In case of an unlikely victory by Marine Le Pen: what would be possible scenarios for the economy?
- In case of a victory by Macron: what would his economic and european policies be? What will Fillon’s (and other candidates) political future be?
- Re-composition of the French political landscape: what can we expect from the June parliamentary elections? Can we expect a stable majority for the winner of the presidential election or is a “co-habitation” possible?
This an off-the record workshop, participation is only open to Bruegel’s members.
Deputy Managing Director, Opinion Way
Professor of Public Law, Member of the Institut universitaire de France
Location & Contact