Full Professor Hygiene Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart
Born in Naples, on January 24th, 1974.
Stefania Boccia is full professor of Hygiene and Public Health at the Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore (UCSC) in Rome. She obtained a Master of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics, and a PhD in Genetic Epidemiology at the Erasmus MC, Rotterdam. She is the Director of the Section of Hygiene of the Department of Public Health of UCSC) and President of the Public Health Epidemiology Section of the European Public Health Association (EUPHA) where she also served as Vice President of the Public Health Genomics section until 2018. From 2016 -to 2018 she was Adjunct Professor at the Mount Sinai Medical School, New York. In 2018 she founded the spin-off “Vihtali srl” (Value In Health Technology and Academy for Leadership & Innovation) in UCSC.
She coordinates the project titled “European network staff eXchange for integrAting precision health in the health Care sysTems” (ExACT) funded by the EC within the H2020 Marie-Slodowska Curie projects (MSCA-RISE). She is partner of the following projects funded by the EC:
- Integrating China in the International Consortium for Personalised Medicine (IC2PerMed, CSA) as member of the Coordinating group;
- ICM (Thomas Jefferson University, Erasmus +, Grant KA107) as member of the coordinating group;
- Transition to University Autonomy in Kazakhstan (TRUNAK, Erasmus +);
- Evidence-Based Research” (EBVRES, COST Action) as Member State representative;
- Improved methods and Actionable Tools for enhancing Health Technology Assessment (IMPACT-HTA), Member of the working group for UCSC of the H2020 project titled
- Joint Action, Innovative Partnership for Action Against Cancer Joint Action (IPAAC, 3rd Health Programme) as Subcontractor of the Italian NIH.
In the past years she coordinated the “Personalized PREvention of Chronic Diseases” project (PRECeDI, EU-H2020 MSCA- RISE), and she was partner of “Cancer Control in Europe” (CANCON, JA DG SANCO), ERAWEB I and II (Erasmus Mundus, FP7), the “Determinants of Diet and Physical activity project” (DEDIPAC, JPI); and the “Public Health Genomics European Network” (PHGEN I and II, DG Sanco, FP6 and FP7).
Author and co-author of 220 scientific publications; H index (Scopus): 36; no. citations= 4942.