China-EU investment relations: Exploring competition and industrial policies
This is a closed-door workshop jointly organised by MERICS and Bruegel looking at China-EU investment relations.
This close-door round table, jointly organised by MERICS and Bruegel, will focus on on China-EU investment relations with special attention to competition and industrial policies
In particular, the discussion will center around the following topics:
- European Investment in China
- China’s opening up to foreign competition
- China’s M&A and greenfield investment into Europe
- Chinese players in the European single market: competition issues
- How does China may affect EU ideas on competition and industrial policy?
- Competitive neutrality: how to define it and how relevant for Europe’s investment relations with China
This event is still under development.
This is an invitation-only event open only to Bruegel’s members and selected experts.
Check-in and breakfast
Miguel Ceballos Barón
Deputy Head, Cabinet of EU Commissioner Cecilia Malmström
Deputy Director, MERICS
Associate Professor & Pictet Chair in Finance and Development, The Graduate Institute, Geneva
Chief Economist, China; Partner, Deloitte
Location & Contact